Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Introduction


I’m a single mother of 5 between the ages of 3 and 10. My kids are incredible. They are kind, polite, respectful. I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm just so happy to be blessed with them. I’ve been ‘single’ for almost 3 years, and will hopefully have the divorce finalized this summer. I’m an artist in many ways, but I promise you I can’t draw to save my life. Instead, I use my camera and I perform.

Words, poetry, is kind of a new thing for me. I would jot down notes in my notebook while bored as a teen, but haven’t really written anything until lately. I met an awesome friend in my theater class recently who sort of sparked my interest in writing again. Photography, however, I’ve loved since I was 10. I fell in love with images and photos, good photos, almost 20 years ago and decided I was going to be a photographer. About 7 years ago I got my first SLR camera and began learning how to create good photos. About

5 years ago I got my first digital SLR. Since then I’ve honed my skill more and more. I admit I have a long way to go before I’m one of the great photographers of our time, but I will get there.

I spent just under 8 years as a stay at home mother and have been, over the last 3 years, trying to figure out where I fit in this world, what I have to offer. I’ve come to realize that you need a degree to get anywhere. I am a full time math student. Why math? Well, you can get a job doing almost anything with a math degree. And math comes easily to me. I can tell you, though, it is incredibly difficult trying to resist switching my major to theater, lol. At this time, I’m contemplating a double major… Math and art… What a combo, lol. What type of art? So many forms of art, it’s hard to choose! Photography is an obvious choice, but theater is another obvious choice. Music, dance… Art is too vast a subject to easily make a decision, lol.

For now, though, I am just being me. I’m trying to get a photography business going, looking for work I can do part time that will allow me to be home with my kids most of the time while I figure out this whole business thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment