Saturday, May 7, 2011

Girls Night... More Than Just A Night Out!

While raising 5 kids alone, I'm sure you've already guessed I rarely get a break and moment to myself. They do go with their dad every other weekend, but those weekends I'm catching up. Laundry, decluttering, organizing, etc. It truly is never ending. Even when I get a 'break', I still need a break. This is where the girls night comes in!

Girls night is more than just getting out of the house. It's a movie with real people and real plots in them, not just cartoons and dancing animals. It's realizing the movie you chose to see is incredibly boring and deciding to narrate it yourself with ridiculous plots that would be way more entertaining. It's talking about men, it's talking about decorating, it's talking about clothes. It's a time when you aren't the responsible adult you are the other 364 days of the year. For a few hours, you aren't picking up toys and checking homework.

Now, don't get me wrong. I adore my amazing kids. They are my life, my light in this world. I do everything for them. But sometimes, you just need that solace.

Today, I will continue my mommyhood, catching up on laundry, putting away books, dusting, windows, and organizing. But last night, I was able to feel carefree and 20 again.

Photo copyright graur codrin

No comments:

Post a Comment